Meet the team… 10 questions with…. Martin Walker
Name, job title and brief responsibilities.
Martin Walker – BM Sales Office Manager
Briefly, my roles consists of managing & supporting BM sales team, ensuring swift & efficient serving of customers & to maintain a clean tidy show
1. What do you do in a typical day?
In a typical day I ensure the sales team are working to the best of their ability.
2.What did you do before you came here?
Before working at Chandler Materials I started my career at Travis Perkins as a Yard Sales Assistant before progressing to be a Shop Sales Assistant.
3. What’s your favourite thing about your role?
My favourite part of my role is working together with my team.
4. What’s the best thing that’s happened to you so far here at Chandler
The best part of working at Chandler Materials is having the honour of working and developing the next generation of “Chandlers”
5. How would you describe the company culture?
I would describe the company culture as one big family and very inviting.
6. What’s your favourite product at the moment?
My favourite product at the moment is the Prodec Scuttle Partner Packs, there are no excuses for the family not to help me decorate!
7. What’s been your best customer experience?
My favourite customer experience was taking some of our customers to Chelmsford City Racecourse & getting to know them on a more personal level.
8. In 3 words, how would your manager or co-workers describe you?
Hardworking, Dedicated & Approachable
9. What do you get up to outside of work?
Outside of work I mostly spend time with my family.
10. What’s one thing about you that might surprise people?
I make a great cuppa!